Here are 10 tips to ease the stress this Holiday season
1. Arrive at the airport early. The roads and parking areas will be congested.
2. Pack lightly. If possible, carry on your luggage. If you must check your luggage, make sure you have all your medications, important documents and a change of clothes in your carry-on just in case you experience a flight delay or your luggage gets lost.
3. Pack earplugs, airports and airplanes can be very noisy with all the crowds and it will help relax you.
4. Don’t get “hangry”. Be sure to pack some snacks or get some food before you board the plane.
5. Ship gifts or give gift cards. The TSA suggests you ship wrapped gifts or wait until you reach your destination to wrap them, as they might have to unwrap them to inspect it.
6. Travel on off-peak days and times if possible.
7. Travel early in the day. Flight statistics show that flights leaving earlier in the day have a better on-time performance. And if your flight is cancelled, you will have more options of taking a flight later in the day.
8. Reserve airport parking ahead of time to ensure a spot.
9. Charge all your devices before you leave and bring a portable charger in case you can’t find a place to charge.
10. Pack your patience, try not to let the unexpected upset you, and maintain a positive attitude.